Mr. Nazir Ahmed (Chief Librarian) addresses the audience at the opening of the Central Library on 21st July, 1967
Faculty , Inaugurations , Institute Events
The Institute’s library moved to a new building on 21st July, 1967, and an event was held to celebrate the inauguration of this Central Library. During the event the audience was addressed by the Director (Prof. B. Sengupto), Chief Librarian (Mr. Nazir Ahmed), Deputy Director (Prof. S. Sampath) and the Chairman of the Board of Directors (Dr. A. L. Mudaliar) who inaugurated the library and lit a lamp (kuthuvilakku) as part of the opening ceremony. A number of changes were made to the library and its holdings. One of the major changes was the addition of a separate section for undergraduate textbooks. This section consisted of multiple copies of recommended books. There were various organizations that supplied publications to the library. A total of 2859 German publications and 110 periodicals were received under the Indo German agreement of 1959. Furthermore, a bindery, equipped with modern machinery was added to the library. Also seen seated on the podium, from the left, are Dr. A. L. Mudaliar (Chairman, Board of Governors) and Prof. B. Sengupto (Director).
- Contribute
to the Centre -
Monetary
Support - Digital
Material

